Buckle Up Phone Down Sign Opportunity
The Southeast Coalition for Roadway Safety is giving local communities a chance to share the Buckle Up Phone Down message with their residents and visitors. To raise awareness, the SE Coalition is distributing metal BUPD signs. These signs are intended to be placed in areas like parking lots to convey the BUPD message before drivers get onto an active roadway. These metal signs are intended to last 10+ years and will serve as a constant reminder to drivers.
Tips on where to place the sign:
- Ideas on placement could include an existing metal posts or a permanent structure already in your parking lot or add a metal post where cars exit.
- These signs are intended to be placed in areas like parking lots and exits to convey the message BEFORE drivers get onto an active roadway.
- These signs are for use off of MoDOT right-of-way.
- They are not designed for use along the streets/highways because the letter size is too small to be read at highways speeds, etc.
- The metal sign is 18” x 24.”
Tips for installation:
- The entity will have to use appropriate hardware to support the sign and install it themselves.
- MoDOT will not install the sign for them.
If you are interested in a BUPD metal sign, please contact Southeast Coalition for Roadway Safety Coordinator Heather Glastetter at (573) 380-9432.