The Missouri Department of Transportation - Office of Highway Safety's Saved by the Belt program raises awareness about the importance of everyone buckling up and celebrates those individuals who were involved in a car crash and were Saved by the Belt. All of the individuals on this page survived a car crash because the seat belt they were using did its job: protected the life of the person who was wearing it.
We want to recognize their commitment to safety and celebrate the fact that you use your seat belt. Submitting your story will help educate Missourians on how seat belts and car seats save lives.
If you are ready to make a difference, just fill out the form below! We will share your story on the site and send you a cool gift. Pictures are a great way of telling your story too, so please share any pictures you have of the crashed car.
Here’s what we need:
- Crash Report from investigating law enforcement agency (Attach the report below or send it to: MODOT-Highway Safety-Saved by the Belt, PO Box 270, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- The date the crash occurred and details about the crash.
- Explain how you feel being restrained saved your life and/or the lives of other occupants in the vehicle.
- Why you decided to wear your seat belt.
- Did you or others sustain any injuries during the crash?
- If you wish, please share any milestones you have encountered since the crash (graduation, marriage, becoming a grandparent, etc.)